Monday, May 28, 2018

Homestead Update 3

I'm not good at blog titles. lol.

With spring/summer here we've been very busy bees around here. We started tearing a wall out for our new living room and cleaning out the house.

Been throwing a lot of junk away from the last owners. Sadly they left us nothing worthwhile. Usable things get donated, but there isn't much of that.

We'll be bringing out our own things from out of state soon, hubby and son are flying out to take care of it all. It's been about 6 years since we've seen our belongings! This journey has been crazy.

Anyway, onto some photos I wanted to share...

Isn't this cute! A local woodworker made it and it's out for display near the road. Sure makes me nostalgic for The Flintstones! I used to love that show when I was a kid.



My sidekick found a morel mushroom! Our first and only morel so far since we moved here. Apparently they are a big deal here and in PA.
Hubby sauteed it in butter for dinner and it was delicious!



We don't have any prepared garden areas yet, so I'm growing in pots this summer. I got tomatoes, bell peppers, strawberries, and lots of herbs. I planted lettuce, chives, and other "small" plants in the pots for companion planting.



The rhododendrons are blooming again, sure do love the purple flowers!



Our baby hennies are doing great. One has feathered feet! Sidekick really wanted a feather foot chicken, this one is a Light Brahma I think. A couple of these were from straight runs, but Sidekick is starting to believe they are all pullets! We shall see. We do want a rooster, but if none are, there will be postings for roosters needing homes soon enough, so we'll just get someone else's unwanted Roo.



This henny is from our #2 batch of chickens. Every time Sidekick picks her up she poos. LOL. So she made this sign and sent it to me. Too funny!



Just finished this freebie from primitivebettys blog. Love it! But I made so many booboos. :-p



Working on a patriotic small from Lizzie*Kate now. Finished half of it last night! I love smalls. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Morels are a delicacy here in Michigan. Your hens are cute. Had chickens growing up, but hated the banty rooster. Janice

    ReplyDelete