Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Hello Autumn

Our summer was very rainy this year. And then autumn hit us up literally on the first day of autumn!  Usually summer lingers and lingers and lingers. bleh.

We got a couple of home grown pumpkins from our field.


Hubby bought me some from the store too.

The leaves haven't changed much yet, that's usually more in October. But the leaves are already falling and carpeting the ground. Every day I sweep the leaves off our deck. I actually enjoy that little chore. :)

Hubby and I went to the lake to walk around a little. The clouds are gorgeous in the sky today.

I haven't blogged in forever! We're officially empty nesters. Our kids turned 18 and 22 this year. They are both still on our property, but in their own cabins. We are also in a cabin, moved in a couple months ago. So that leaves us with 3 cabins that we are renting out as apartments still. Currently they are full, with one on eviction. But we already have new people lined up to move in, so I hope the new people will work out better. ;)

11 comments:

  1. Love the bumpy pumpkins! Was overjoyed to see your comment on my blog and I immediately knew it was you Jessica. Enjoy being an empty nester! Wish we would have had more rain this Summer...now we are getting it every day since Fall started. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice! Thank you for the shout out on your blog, you're so sweet! I really wish I could login to my blog but I can't anymore. I'm bummed about it.

      Delete
  2. I just wandered over from Prims By the Water to welcome you back to blogging. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JustGail, thank you for the nice comment! Sadly I can't login to this blog anymore, google is being a pill because I don't have the phone number associated with the account anymore. :(

      Delete
  3. I was also encouraged to come over and say Hi after visiting Prims By the Water. Welcome back to blogging I am hopeful you will find the time to post more going forward. It is my first visit here but I shall return! Happy Fall ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie, thanks for visiting! Sadly I can't login to this blog anymore, google is being a pill because I don't have the phone number associated with the account anymore. :(

      Delete
  4. I, too, am here because of Janice. Welcome back to blogging. There are not too many of us left!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rugs and Pugs! No there aren't too many left. I do miss everyone! Sadly I can't login to this blog anymore, google is being a pill because I don't have the phone number associated with the account anymore. :(

      Delete
  5. Hi! I came over from Janice..Prims By The Water..to welcome you back to blogging! It sound like you have a charming property that allows you to be empty nesters but have the kids close by. Love that! Being a landlord is never easy and I hope you do get better renters. I love your pumpkins and I'm also a Fall Fan! Yes, bring on October, my favorite month. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yaya! Thank you for the lovely comment! Sadly I can't login to this blog anymore, google is being a pill because I don't have the phone number associated with the account anymore. :(

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete